The cold, wet, snowy/rainy season will be here before you know it, which means if you’re living in a home that takes on water, it also means headaches are in your near future. Make this the year that you fix your basement’s water problems and avoid future stress.
Waterproofing is one of the best investments you can make in your home. Fast, easy and well worth the cost, basement waterproofing in Lake County, IL, is essential for anyone looking to protect their basement. Not only can all that water damage your home’s foundation, but it’s also ruining your flooring, furnishings or storage.
We’ve compiled a few of the top reasons why waterproofing your basement should be high priority this year.
- Stronger Foundation: That foundation is holding up your entire home, so it’s important to give it the proper care and maintenance that it needs.
- Health Benefits: A damp, dark and wet basement is the breeding grown for toxic mold and mildew.
- Lower Energy Costs: The cracks in your foundation and basement walls let in moisture and also transmit cold air during the winter, causing you to pay more to heat your home. The same goes for air conditioning. By sealing and waterproofing your basement you will lower your energy usage and reduce your utility bills.
- Resale Value: A basement without leaks, cracks and that musty smell will attract more renters and more buyers.
- Reduce Your Stress: Does rain make your blood pressure rise because you know it will lead to basement water issues? The peace of mind you will enjoy knowing your basement is safe from unwanted water damage makes waterproofing worth investing in.
Employ a professional waterproofing service now while the weather is warm and dry. The sooner we begin, the sooner we can seal up your basement and protect your home and your belongings.